Strood Riverside site is located on the northern bank of the river Medway and is bounded to the north and west by the London Victoria railway embankment, forming a flood compartment.
New precast concrete coping units were installed and associated repair work was undertaken upgrade the existing standard of protection.
New double leaf swing floodgates and a drop timber floodgate were installed to seal gaps behind the river wall.
The works comprised the following:
- Installation of approximately 50m of precast concrete coping units
- Installation of new double leaf swing floodgate
- Installation of drop timber floodgate
- Repair work to river wall brickwork
- Repair to access steps and grouting
- Installation of small section of earth bund
- Installation of wire mesh fencing